My name is Lisa, and I love to bake and cook. If you have any questions, feel free to email me and I’ll tell you anything you want to know (Well, within limits. No weird fetish questions, please.). Here’s a few trivial (and silly) things to start;
- My favorite color is electric (cobalt) blue.
- Favorite scents – lilac, summer rain, apple cinnamon, Fall leaves, new car, puppy breath, and that guy, above.
- Three favorite words – discombobulated, FUSION, and amalgamation.
- Three least favorite words – the, basically and unctuous.
- Favorite food related quote – “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” – Virginia Woolf
- If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be King Crab Legs.
- I love most green vegetables overcooked. No idea why, but I cook them perfectly for everyone else.
- I prefer my ice cream slightly melted, with lots of stuff in it..and on it.
- I know every word to Rapper’s Delight.
- Even though I love, love, love the beach and pools, I don’t like Summer (anymore; loved it as a kid/teen/twentysomething). Strictly a Fall/Winter gal now. Snow and EVERYTHING Fall is awesome.
- I don’t use accents on foreign words on this blog (grave, circumflex, tilde, umlaut, dieresis etc). For instance, pâté on this blog will always be pate. No reason other than bringing up the accent/character chart kind of annoys me and interrupts the ‘flow’.
- UPDATE:I know I have not put up a blog post in a very long time, but I made a promise to my amazing father, (he loved this blog) who passed away suddenly in 2016, that I would never, ever take this blog down, especially after what was done to me. Even if I get zero visitors/traffic, it’s a promise I will keep forever. I might occasionally put up a new post, because it’s what I love to do, so keep checking back.
Everything I cook and bake is from scratch, using the freshest and best quality ingredients I can find. I love to create, experiment, invent, and put my own touches on time after time tested sweet and savory delicacies. It’s kind of an obsession.
I’m still learning photography, but due to a lack of good natural light in my home, pretty props, and a good macro lens, it’s nowhere near where I’d like it to be. I currently use a Canon Digital Rebel XTi with a 50 mm f1.8 lens and a Lowel Ego Light.
My blog is not just a recipe site, it’s a place where I like to tell stories, vent, and just talk about whatever I want, so it’s essentially an amalgam of a food blog and whatever journal.
As for the ads you see on this site, any money they bring in is donated to different charities. I do not profit from this blog.
All that being said, please feel free to leave comments, whether they be negative or positive. I love to be critiqued so it can make me better at what I do.
I can be contacted directly at [email protected] – lismi171 AT yahoo DOT com. The 171 was a number yahoo assigned to lismi when I opened this account many moons ago. I had no idea there were 170 lismi’s out there.
Hope you enjoy!
All text and photos ©parsleysagesweet 2008-PRESENT except where otherwise noted. If you’d like to republish or feature any of my recipes, you may use any photo you like with proper attribution, but please do not take any of my written text outside of the list of ingredients, providing a link back to my site to get the directions to said recipe.